Friday, July 18, 2008

Frugal Friday: I love CVS!

At the beginning of the year I was probably hitting CVS a few times a week. With internet coupons, the Sunday inserts, and the tips I was getting from A Full Cup, I would walk out of CVS with several bags and usually just pay only a dollar or so. It was such a rush... almost like stealing. Not that I've stolen before, but that's what I imagine it felt like.



Well recently CVS has cut down on their coupons so some of the really good deals are few and far between, but if you do your homework there are still plenty of deals to be had. For instance it may not look like much, but I got all this below without paying a dime. Check it out:





2 Boxes Colgate Toothpaste - $2.79 (buy one get one free)

$.75 off manufacturer coupon

$.75 off manufacturer coupon

$1.00 off CVS coupon (receipt coupon)

Total for 2 boxes of toothpaste: $.29


CVS Panty Liners - $.89

Extra Care Bucks: $.99

Total : -$.10 (They paid me to take it out of the store!)


2 Sodas - $1.39 each = $2.78

Extra Care Bucks: $1.00

Total for 2 Sodas: $1.78 ($.89 each)


Benefiber Chewables - $11.69 each = $23.38

$5.00 Manufacturer Coupon

$5.00 Manufacturer Coupon

Extra Care Bucks (when you spend $20): $10

Total for 2 Benefiber: $3.38


Total Cost of Purchase (prior to coupons and ECB): $29.84


Extra Care Buck from pervious purchase: $.50

Total Cost of Purchase (with discounts): $4.85

Total paid out of pocket: $0.00


So how was my total $0.00? I had a prescription filled at CVS and they gave me a $30 gift card that I used for this purchase. Still $4.85 for all that (especially the Benefiber) is a great deal. I only purchased the sodas as I needed extra items to equal all my coupons I was using. When shopping at CVS make sure the total items you are purchasing are equal to or greater than the coupons/Extra Care Bucks you are using. This is important. It doesn't matter how many coupons you use per item (I used 3 coupons for 2 boxes of toothpaste) but I had to have other items in my cart to balance it out.


It does take some time clipping coupons and scouring the ads to find the best deals, but with the help of A Full Cup and My Frugal Friend they have made the work that much easier. Go check out their sites for some more awesome frugal tips!

No comments: