Monday, September 8, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?

Has it really been over a month since I last posted? Bad, bad blogger. My apologies to anybody who still actually reads this thing.

Let's see, since there's been so much going on I'll have to update you with some highlights:








  • We found out that we are expecting another little boy. I shall remain Queen of My Castle. The Lone Bearer of Estrogen. The One with the Most Shoes. Preston is just thrilled to have a little brother to play with, and we are too.







  • We have been re-doing the hubby's office. We moved him into the guest bedroom, which means the daybed for guests needed to go. We decided to go ahead and move Preston out of the toddler bed and into the day bed. He looks so tiny in that twin size bed but as you can see he loves it. We still need to get him a comforter, the vintage Sesame Street sheets I've been hanging onto all these years finally came in handy. The old office will become the baby's nursery, so we'll be painting in there soon.








  • Speaking of painting. We painted the new office (the old guest room) and Preston got to help. It's kind of a blue/gray color depending on the light of the day. I think we're happy with it.



  • We've also been shopping quite a bit at our new favorite store. Thanks to my sister and her husband for putting up with us as we bought some bulky furniture for the office that wouldn't fit in our own car. They were life savers! And thanks to my friend Micki who helped us put it all together. I always knew having a friend who is a former Marine would come in handy someday.






  • We've also since upgraded our internet, got rid of our landline, and found a new home for that old monster of a desk that we used to have. I still feel sorry for the guy who bought it from us. Especially after he told us that he was going to put it in his upstairs office. I hope he doesn't send us the chiropractor bill.



  • Between visits to my OB (everything's great!) I've been to the dentist to get some long overdue dental work done. It's not been fun, but necessary. Take care of your teeth people!



We've also been getting ready for a certain little boy to turn four this week. I'll be posting more about his birthday party and events later on. Hopefully that things have calmed down a bit I'll be posting more.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

ikea! like the blue/gray color!

tagged you today and tomorrow! have fun! hint: clean your sink tonight!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Preston! 4 is a great year-- hope you all enjoy it.
--Annika

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Sounds like someone is NESTING!! Congrats on another boy! YAY!