Monday, September 29, 2008

Sneak Peek

Every year about this time, I'm scouring the coupons trying to find a good deal on some professional portraits. Of course, I use the term "professional" loosely as I'm too cheap to go anywhere other than WalMart or JCPenney. Sometimes we get good photos... most of the time they're just ok. And I'm really good about saying "No" when it comes to all those "extras" they try get you to buy so really spending $9.95 for an 8 x 10, a couple of 5 x 7's, and the hundreds of wallet sized photos - that are always left over - isn't too bad.



But this year is different. I'm hiring a real "non-professional" to do Preston's 4 year portraits. Me! So after spending a morning "on location", I've got a few snaps that should look nice on our portrait "Hall of Fame" (literally, a hall of framed portraits). Isn't that what everybody does with their 8 x 10's? I couldn't wait to get home and edit a few, so here's a sneak peek. Enjoy my handsome little man!










4 comments:

Stacey said...

these look very professional! i think i am going to start doing that for my kids starting on the next round of annuals. i am too much of a perfectionist and always telling the photographers what to do anyway!

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Good for you! With a little trial and error you will consistantly be out-performing those studios! Have you gotten comfortable with photoshop yet (didn't you say you had it or planned to?)?

If you have one (or two) you love, I would be happy to color balance, sharpen it, etc. It only takes a few minutes. Unless you have that covered too!

You rock, girl! Good for you!

Cindy said...

Yup, I've got photoshop... uh oh does that mean that I need to do more work on these? I feel like I probably photoshop too much already. Although I just quickly did my usual fixes with these, I'll probably continue to tweak them more. Any suggestions are welcome!

Grandsons in Dallas said...

I really love the pictures. Can't wait to see him again as he looks different everytime I see a picture of him. MOM